Find your local SFPD, WFPC, State Youth Coordinator, Family Readiness Assistant, Family Assistance
Coordinator, Family Assistance Specialist
Taking Care of Your Money
Becoming a part of your Guard member’s military life can bring financial gain, as
well as potential financial stress. Enjoy the extra money, but be wise with spending
and saving. The military has created several programs to assist families and Guard
members to strive for a safe and secure financial environment. As you and your Guard
member discuss your finances, keep these tips in mind:
- Keep a joint checking or savings account with direct deposit that your spouse maintains.
- Consider separate checking accounts to avoid an overdraft if you both are drawing
from the same account.
- Ensure that your pay allotment covers all necessary household expenses.
- Establish a deployment budget.
for additional guidance and assistance.
- If you have difficulties, contact your local Family Assistance Office or
- Contact the rear detachment commander if there are any problems with pay.